Alitalia flight status

Alitalia is the national airline of Italy, that was founded on August 26, 2008, as “new” Alitalia, after the Alitalia-Linee Aeree Italiane was bought by a group of investors after its bankruptcy and was merged to Air One to form a new airline company. It then passed its operations to Alitalia- Societa Aerea Italiana on January 1, 2015, with 49% of its stake owned by Etihad Airways and the other 51% owned by the former stakeholders of Alitalia-CAI.

Its headquarters is located in Fiumicino, Rome with hubs in Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport in Rome and Linate Airport in Milan. It is also a member of the SkyTeam Alliance since 2009.

Alitalia Fleet

Alitalia has a fleet size of 113 aircraft that consists of 22 Airbus A319, 38 Airbus A320, 7 Airbus A321, 14 Airbus A330, 12 Boeing 777, 15 Embraer ERJ-170, and 5 Embraer ERJ-190. It has an average fleet age of 12.7 years.

Alitalia Destinations

Alitalia flies to more than 25 domestic and 80 international destinations across Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East. Its international destinations include cities such as Tirana, Albania; Algiers, Algeria; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Brussels, Belgium; Rio de Janeiro, and Sao Paulo in Brazil; Toronto, Canada; Dubrovnik, and Split in Croatia; Havana, Cuba; Larnaca, Cyprus; Prague, Czech Republic; Copenhagen, Denmark; Cairo, and Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt; Ajaccio, Marseille, Nice, Paris, and Toulouse in France; Berlin, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, and Stuttgart in Germany; Athens, Corfu, Heraklion, Kephalonia, Rhodes, Mykonos, and Thessaloniki in Greece; Budapest, Hungary; Delhi, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Tokyo, Japan; Amman, Jordan; Beirut, Lebanon; Luxembourg City, Luxembourg; Male, Maldives; Malta, Malta; Port Louis, Mauritius; Mexico City, Mexico; Podgorica, Montenegro; Casablanca, Morocco; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Warsaw, Poland; Moscow, and Saint Petersburg in Russia; Belgrade, Serbia; Johannesburg, South Africa; Barcelona, Ibiza, Malaga, Madrid, Menorca, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, and Tenerife in Spain; Stockholm, Sweden; Geneva, and Zurich in Switzerland; Tunis, Tunisia; Kiev, Ukraine; Edinburgh, and London in United Kingdom; and Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. in the United States.

Its domestic destinations include cities such as Alghero, Bergamo, Bari, Bologna, Cagliari, Brindisi, Catania, Comiso, Genoa, Florence, Lamezia Terme, Lampedusa, Milan, Naples, Olbia, Palermo, Pantelleria, Perugia, Pescara, Pisa, Reggio Calabria, Rome, Turin, Trapani, Trieste, Venice, and Verona.

Alitalia Interesting Facts

Alitalia has a frequent-flyer program called Millemiglia where members can earn miles with their Alitalia flights and use them to upgrade to superior travel classes and other privileges. It also has codeshare agreements with airlines that widen its network of service to other parts of the world.

Alitalia Flight Status: Arrival and Departure

Alitalia’s flights can be checked and monitored in a flight tracker like It’s free and is easy to use and can be downloaded in the AppStore and Google Play for the users’ convenience.